Time for something completely different: Glazed gluten free chocolate chip zucchini donuts!
Ingredients For Donuts:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or baked sweet potato)*
- 3/4 cup GF oats pulsed into a flour
- 1-2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sweetener of
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
Ingredients For Glaze:
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder of choice**
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder of choice**
* for extra fluffy donuts, add 1 egg and reduce pumpkin to 1/4 cup
** I used Labrada Lean Body for Her protein powder but to keep it vegan you can use whatever protein powder you like
1) Combine ingredients to make the donuts and mix well until a dough forms. Use your hands to fully incorporate all of the ingredients until a dough forms. Form dough into donuts and microwave 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Set aside to cool.
2) In a small bowl, add the chocolate protein powder and in another small bowl add the vanilla protein powder. Add a little water to each bowl until protein powder becomes liquid in consistency.
3) Dip the tops of each donut into desired protein powder. Drizzle with remaining protein glaze and enjoy.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: