Mmmm chocolate donuts!
Ingredients For Donuts:
– 3/4 cup whole wheat flour minus 1 tbsp
– 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
– 1 tsp sweetener of choice
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp baking cocoa
– optional 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional but highly recommended)
Ingredients For Topping:
– 1/3 cup date caramel (softened dates + water)
– 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
– 1/4 cup almonds
– optional 1 scoop quest vanilla protein powder
*Tips: to keep it vegan, leave out the protein powder. The protein powder just adds a little extra flavor and protein but it is not necessary for this recipe.
1) Combine ingredients to make donuts ad mix well until a dough forms. Use your hands to fully incorporate all of the ingredients until a dough forms
2) Pull of a piece of dough and form into a long rope. Form into a donut shape. Repeat with the rest of the dough and microwave 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Set aside to let cool.
3) Process almonds in a food processor for about a minute. Mix almonds with coconut, protein powder (if using), and date caramel. Spread mixture on top of donuts and enjoy.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: