Not so healthy, but delicious donut recipe.
- 1 c. oat flour *
- 1/2 c. cacao powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 6 tbsp. warm water (Let chia and water sit for 5 min)
- 3/4 c. dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/4 medium avocado (45g)
- 3/4 c. non dairy milk
- 1/4 c. strong brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract (not peppermint flavor)
- (Combine all ingredients with gelled chia mixture) Add to dry ingredients and mix with mixer until smooth.
- 1/3 c. dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. strong brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp. non-dairy milk + more for softening if gets hard
- Optional: raw cacao nibs
*Grind 1 c. oats in blender or food processor.
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease donut pan with oil.
Place chia seeds and warm water in a medium bowl and mix together and set aside.
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Using a double boiler, melt dark chocolate chips, stirring frequently. Add remaining wet ingredients to chia seed mixture and combine well. Add all wet ingredients and melted chocolate to dry ingredients and use a hand mixer to mix until smooth.
Fill donut molds 3/4 from the top and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Turn pan upside down on a flat surface such as a large cutting board and tap on bottom of mold if donuts do not fall out right away.
While cooling, place chocolate glaze ingredients in a bowl and melt using a double boiler. Dip donuts into glaze and top with cacao nibs. Allow glaze to harden. Store in an air tight container in fridge.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: