Time for something special: French toast donuts…
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or baked sweet potato)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp olive oil
- optional 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chocolate coconut butter (I used Nikki’s coconut butter brand)
- 1 quest mint chocolate chunk quest bar
1) Combine dry ingredients first then add in wet (except last 3). Mix well until a dough forms. Use your hands to fully incorporate all of the ingredients until a dough forms.
2) Pinch off pieces of dough and form into donut shapes. Arrange on a large plate and microwave 2-3 minutes or until fully cooked. Set aside to cool.
3) Once cool, whisk egg and coconut butter in a small bowl. Dunk donuts in egg mixture and cook up on a skillet like French toast. Remove from heat and set aside.
4) Microwave quest bar for 10 seconds until soft. Pull off pieces of the bar and arrange on top of each donut for the “frosting”.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: