Delicious and healthy donut recipe!
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 flax eggs (for non-vegan: eggs do work in this recipe)
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate chips (optional: delicious without glaze also)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a donut baking pan by spraying with oil (I like coconut oil). Makes 5 donuts.
Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to remove all lumps and to combine.
To the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, and mix well to form a batter.
Add the batter to your donut pan to make 5 donuts and spread to smooth.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes until donuts are set and pull away slightly from the side of the pan.
Let cool completely before icing.
For the glaze: melt 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and spread over the donuts.
Should last a few days in an airtight container. For best results, store in the refrigerator.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: