Chocolate, banana and coconut in one delicious donut recipe!
Ingredients For Donuts:
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons almond meal/flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 oz high quality dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- ¼ cup earth balance soy free vegan butter OR regular organic butter
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
Ingredients For Toppings:
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted in a pan for 2 minutes
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- Chocolate Drizzle:
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the mashed banana, eggs, honey, vegan butter (or butter/oil), and vanilla and whisk or beat to combine until smooth.
- Add in the flours, coconut, baking soda, and salt, and stir until well combined (the batter may be slightly clumpy)
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Generously grease 2 non-stick donut pans (6 donuts each) with coconut oil and add in the batter to fill each mold.
- Bake the donuts for 10-12 minutes until just beginning to brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Prepare the chocolate drizzle by melting the coconut oil and honey in a pan, then transfer to a small bowl and stir in the cocoa powder until the sauce is smooth.
- Set aside to thicken for a few minutes and toast the coconut.
- Top each donut with banana slices and drizzle with the chocolate sauce then sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
- Place the donuts in the fridge for 10 minutes so the chocolate can harden,
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: