Chocolate and donuts: what a combination!
Ingredients for DONUTS:
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (or other extract like Almond)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Swerve (or 1/4 cup erythritol and 1 tsp stevia)
- 4 TBS coconut oil or butter
Ingredients for GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or other extract)
- Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the yolks, sweetener, oil/butter and whisk until well-blended.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, blend well.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the whipped whites and then slowly fold in the dry mixture, and fold until well blended.
- Fill the donut pan 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, melt coconut oil with sweetener and extract.
- Drizzle or dunk the baked goods into the glaze.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: