Very original recipe that your kids will love: Cherry Coconut Lemonade Donuts!
Ingredients For Donuts:
– 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup pumpkin purée*
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp liquid sweetener of choice
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp baking powder
– optional 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional but highly recommended)
Ingredients For Lemon Filling:
– couple tbsp lemon flavored elli quark (or combine a little lemon juice with plain greek yogurt)
Ingredients For Topping:
– 1/4 cup cherry flavored elli quark (or add cherries to plain greek yogurt)
– unsweetened shredded coconut
*Tip: for extra fluffy donuts, add 1 egg + apple cider vinegar and reduce pumpkin to 1/4 cup
*Tip: to make gluten free, sub with a combo of 3/4 cup GF oat flour and 1-2 tbsp coconut flour
1) Combine all ingredients to make donuts. Mix well until a dough forms. Use your hands to fully incorporate all of the ingredients until a dough forms.
2) Separate dough into 3 equal portions. Microwave 3 minutes until fully cooked. Set aside to let cool.
3) Once cool, use a large straw and press into the side of each donut to scoop out the middle of the donuts for the filling. Pipe lemon filling into donuts then dip tops of donuts in cherry
quark. Sprinkle with coconut and enjoy.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: