The cream cheese frosting is slightly sweetened. A great match with carrots!
- 1/2 cup oat flour [ground in a blender from oat groats or steel cut oats]
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, ground in a blender
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnmaon
- 1/3 cup natural cane sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot, slightly packed
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperate
- 2 tbsp honey
- optional: unsweetened shredded coconut to top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees + grease your donut pan or use a silicone donut pan.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the oat flour, brown rice flour, ground coconut, sugar, cinnamon, salt + baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, juice, 1 tsp vanilla extract, oil + applesauce.
- Stir wet into dry, until combined. Do not over stir. It will look slightly lumpy.
- Fold in the shredded carrot.
- With a spoon, spatula, or piping bag, transfer the batter to your greased pan leaving a little room at the top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick for doneness. You want a slightly moist toothpick. Not gooey but not bone dry. The tops of the donut should be lightly browned and it will spring back when you press it lightly.
- Let them cool in the pan for 5min then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, honey and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Spread onto the warm donuts. Top with coconut.
- Store in the fridge covered once cooled.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: