Delicious donut recipe you really should give a try!
Ingredients for the donuts:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- 7-8 tbsp fresh lemon juice or milk
Make the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease your doughnut pans with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, oil and sugar and whisk until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and whisk just until combined. Stir in blueberries. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into a large disposable piping bag or freezer bag. Cut off the end of the bag so your opening is about ½-3/4” wide (big enough for the blueberries to get through). Pipe batter once around each doughnut hole – the batter shouldn’t quite fill the hole as they’ll expand and rise.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from the doughnut pan to cool completely.
Make the glaze:
- In a shallow, medium bowl, combine sugar, zest, and 6 tbsp of juice or milk. Add an additional 1-2 tbsp of liquid if needed. You want your glaze to be thin enough to evenly coat your doughnuts, but thick enough that it will set and become dry to the tough.
- When doughnuts are completely cool, dip tops of doughnuts into the glaze and overturn so the glaze runs down the sides. Set aside for the glaze to set.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: