This donut recipe is perfect for every season!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I use Namaste Perfect Flour Blend)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed (optional) I use Bob’s Red Mill brand
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce (optional substitution: 2 very ripe bananas or 1/2 cup pumpkin puree)
- 1-6 oz container So Delicious Dairy Free almond milk yogurt or coconut milk yogurt alternative, vanilla flavor
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp apple cider
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the applesauce, yogurt, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Gradually mix the dry ingredients in and mix until just combined.
Spoon batter into a piping bag and pipe evenly into a donut pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and the tops are just beginning to brown. Allow donuts to cool.
Whisk together the powdered sugar, apple cider and salt in a small bowl. When donuts are cooled, dip the tops into the glaze, allow the excess to drip off and then place on a cooling rack or parchment paper until ready to serve.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: