White chocolate and raspberries: a heavenly combination!
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 16.5 ounce package white cake mix
- 1 (3.3 ounce) package instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 c. sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. oil
- 1½ c. white chocolate chips, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 c. raspberry pastry or pie filling
FOR THE FROSTING:
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- FOR THE CAKE: Grease and flour a bundt pan (I sprayed mine really well then floured it and it came out great. I have a nonstick bundt pan as well. If your pan is not nonstick I would grease with butter or shortening really well & then coat with flour).
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (see note below). Mix first six ingredients together in a stand mixer or in a medium sized bowl with hand beaters. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Fill prepared bundt pan with half of the batter. Spoon half of the raspberry filling in separated spoonfuls over the batter (so it looks like separate clumps of filling over the top). Using a knife swirl the filling through the cake. Don’t overdo it. Just swirl it around like 2 times.
- Pour or spoon remaining batter in evenly and spoon on remaining pie filling, repeating the “swirling” process above.
- Cook for 50-55 minutes. Do a knife test to see if it is done. If the knife does not come out clean, keep placing back in the oven for 3-5 min at a time until it does. (I cooked mine for 55 min).
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 20 minutes then place a serving tray over the top and flip it right side up (and say a prayer that it comes out perfect ;). You can eat warm or cover with plastic wrap and let it cool overnight in the fridge. We had it both ways and it was divine.
- FOR THE FROSTING: In a medium sized bowl, melt the chocolate according to package directions. Let the chocolate cool for 3 minutes. Add the cream cheese, butter & vanilla using a beaters. Beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat well.
- You can then put in the microwave for about 10 seconds if you want to pour on the the frosting over the cake. Or you can pipe it on.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: