Traditional loaf cake recipe using vanilla.
- 3/4 cup or 175 g softened butter
- 3/4 cup or 175 ml milk
- 1 cup or 200 g regular sugar
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups or 225 g Plain / All purpose flour (sieved)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 160C, Gas 3, 300F.
2. Get all your ingredients ready, i.e sieve the flour, and add the salt and baking powder to the flour etc.
3. Start with making the cake batter by creaming the butter and sugar until a pale light colour.
4. Slowly add the beaten eggs to the mixer, on a low speed setting, a bit at a time. If the mixture starts to curdle or split, add a spoonful of your sieved flour, keep on adding the eggs, and a bit of flour if necessary, until all the eggs are added. Add the Vanilla Extract.
5. Add half the milk with half of the flour, keeping the mixer on a slow speed. Once combined, add the remaining milk and gently fold in the remaining flour until combined.
6. Transfer the cake mixture to the greased silicone loaf pan. Then place in the oven for 1 hr to 1 hr and 5 minutes.
*** Please do test if the cake is done by using a skewer and poke it in the middle to see that it comes out clean. Every oven is different and cook times may vary a little.
7. Have a cup of tea!
8. When the cake is done, take it out of the oven and leave in the cake tin until cool enough to transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: