Super moist lemon pound cake recipe!
Ingredients for cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of fresh ginger, minced
- Zest of 2 lemons ( about 2 tbsps.)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Instructions for cake:
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger, and lemon zest.
3. Mix half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix in the buttermilk and then add in the remaining flour mixture. Mix just until the flour disappears. Pour the cake batter into a bundt panthat has been generously sprayed with baking spray.
4. Bake for 70 to 80 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn the cake over on a cake platter. Spread the lemon glaze over the warm cake so that the glaze can soak into the cake. Let the cake cool completely and drizzle the lemon cream cheese frosting over the cake.
Ingredients for lemon glaze:
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice, at room temperature
Instructions for lemon glaze:
- Whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together and mix until the glaze is smooth.
Ingredients for lemon cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz. of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 cups of powder sugar
Instructions for lemon cream cheese frosting:
- Mix the all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: