A no-fail classic bundt cake recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder*
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 10-cup bundt pan generously with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; reserve one tablespoon flour mixture to toss with blueberries.
- Beat butter, sugar, and lemon zest in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Combine buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated. Toss blueberries with reserved flour mixture and gently fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until cake is golden, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and let set before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: