This delicious cake doesn’t need icing!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups bananas (over ripe, about 3 medium)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup walnuts (or pecans, chopped)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt or tube pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 4 dry ingredients; set aside.
- Measure out the shortening and sugar; set aside.
- Chop and measure out nuts; set aside.
- Mash and measure out bananas; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Add bananas and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing just until combined.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Yield 12 to 16 servings.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: