Soft and fluffy pumpkin bread recipe!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease an 8-or-9″ loaf pan with cooking spray and place the loaf pan on a baking sheet in case of any spill-over.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and pumpkin and beat to combine. Add in the spices, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour and mix to combine, careful not to overmix. Mixture may be slightly lumpy; this is okay! Overmixing will lead to tough bread.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake for approx. 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs. Cool for at least 20 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely, or let cool completely in the pan. Cut into slices!
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: